More in the way - Order now for delivery first week if April
Nothing More is Needed. Nothing Less Will Do.
The challenge was thus: Build a serious steel bike and give it only the attributes that matter most. Make it quick and comfortable on pavement, as well as confident and compliant on degraded surfaces. What the Enginerds put forth is Preamble, a pavement and gravel utility worker that proves you don’t need to cut corners or clip coupons to make a more affordable steel bike. You just need to keep shit simple.
Preamble can run racks and fenders and carry a couple water bottles. Surly was raised on stealing basic cable, after all. Smooth and efficient on asphalt, Preamble’s double-butted main triangle provides a resplendent ride feel and withstands abuse from life’s inevitable potholes. Make it your own with flat bars, drop bars, a basket, or bags. On the road to steel euphoria, Preamble is the gateway drug.
- Frame: Surly Preamble, 100% Chromoly steel tubing, E.D. coated
- Fork: Surly Preamble, 100% Chromoly steel fork, Disc Only
- Seatpost Clamp: Surly Stainless 30.0
- Headset: VP 1-1/8" Threadless
- Brakes: Avid BB5 Mechanical
- Brake levers: Avid FR-5
- Rotors: SRAM 160mm F/R
- Shifters: microSHIFT Acolyte Xpress
- Stem: Kalloy 31.8
- Handlebar: Kalloy, 35mm rise, 9-degree backsweep
- Grip/Tape: Black Rubber
- Saddle: Selle Italia X-Base
- Seatpost: Kalloy 27.2 x 300mm
- Crankset: Samox, 3-piece, 40t
- Bottom Bracket: JIS 68 x 124.5mm
- Rear derailleur: microSHIFT RD-M5185M
- Cassette: microSHIFT 12-42t, 8-speed
- Chain: KMC Z8.3
- Front hub: Novatec, 6-bolt disc, 32h, QR
- Rear hub: Novatec, 6-bolt disc, 32h, QR
- Rims: 21mm, 32h
- Tires: Kenda Kwik Tendril 700c x 35mm (MD/LG/XL) & Kenda Standard 650b x 1.35 (XS/SM)
Every Day Free Shipping: Joe Mamma offers free shipping on all Canadian orders over $200 excluding complete bicycles and trainers. Customers are also welcome to pick up their orders in store at no charge, you can opt to do so at checkout (please await your order completion notice before coming to pick up your order).
Shipping Policy: Orders will be shipped as soon as possible, customers will be notified if any delay should occur. If one part of your order is unavailable at time of order, your order may be fulfilled with multiple packages. Shipping charges are non-refundable. International clients please note that customs or brokerage fees are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Joe Mamma Cycles ships to both Canada & the USA! We use Canada Post, UPS & Fedex to get you the best price & use recycled packaging to reduce our environmental impact.